Applications are invited from candidates preferably below the age of 35 years having Ph.D. Degree in Agriculture with specialization in Genetics and Plant Breeding or simply Plant Breeding and willing to carry out advanced research in the field of crop improvement through conventional breeding with modern plant biotechnological approaches like DNA finger printing, Molecular Assisted Selection, Gene editing.
For one year initially, extendable for one more year after a comprehensive evaluation.
Conducting independent research, participating effectively in the research and teaching programmes of the Institute in the area of genetics and plant breeding, mentoring the young research scholars and guiding the post-graduate students in their dissertation work. Writing and pursuing research projects for extra-mural funding from various funding agencies of the Central and State Governments. Any other assignment by
the Head/Dean at the IRDM Faculty Centre in furtherance of the objectives of the Institute.
Mentor: Professor Tapas Dasgupta
- B.Sc. (Ag), M.Sc. (Ag), Ph.D., in Genetics and Plant Breeding or Plant Breeding, with consistently good academic record.
- Experience in conducting advanced plant breeding programmes with Marker Assisted Selection will be considered as an additional qualification and given due weightage.
Preferably below 35 years
Application should include:
- Detailed CV (with contact and personal details like age, etc., academic performance starting from Class X up to Ph.D., recent digital photograph, list of publications, field experience if any, seminars/symposia attended on invitation or as a participant, any other details in support of the application, two references from academicians who have knowledge of the candidate’s work)
- Brief summary of the Ph.D. work
- Post-doctoral research proposal in brief
- Copies of papers published
- Educational documents (marksheets, certificates, etc.)
- Any co-curricular activities, if any (with supporting documents)
Last date to Apply : 25 October, 2020
Rs.45000 per month (consolidated)
Please send your application to the following email IDs: ,
The applications will be scrutinized by a Selection Committee and eligible candidates will be called for an interview at which they will be required to make a presentation. The decision of the University authorities in the matter of selection and the process leading to it is final and will be binding on all concerned.