भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि | धियो यो न: प्रचोदयात् ||
The School of Agriculture and Rural Development deals with promoting study and research in subjects that directly benefit the common man, particularly the rural masses and the tribes people of India.
Krishi Vigyan Kendras
- ‘Sasya Shyamala’ Krishi Vigyan Kendra’, the first of its kind in the Zone-II, was established in the year 2013 for the district of South 24 Parganas under the aegis of RKMVERI. It is located at Arapanch, P.O.-Sonarpur, Dist.-South 24 Parganas, Kolkata-700150, four kilometre away from Sonarpur Railway Station by the side of the Sonarpur – Ghatakpukur Road.
- Dhaanyaganga Krishi Vigyan Kendra under the aegis of RKMVERI, an Outreach Centre of the University, is located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Sargachhi, District Murshidabad, West Bengal. It was established in the year 2018.
Linkages and Rural Network
The rural development activities are well known for their integrated approach and emphasis on qualitative development. They are well linked with different departments of the state and central Governments like UNICEF, Ford Foundation, German Agro Action, European Union etc. More than 1000 villages of 12 districts are covered through 267 Village Organizations and 22 ‘Rural Development Centres’ (RDC) situated in the block or district headquarters. Read More.
Post-Harvest Technology Dissemination Centre
Post-Harvest Technology Dissemination Centre at the IRDM Faculty Centre is funded by National Horticulture Mission (NHM), Govt. of India, for demonstrative storage, preservation and training on different aspects of post-harvest technology to the entrepreneur and progressive farmers. Presently, a part of this centre is being used for storing of fruits and vegetables from the farmers before being sent to the market. Read More.
- MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- MSc in Agriculture & Rural Development: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- MSc (Agri) in Agronomy: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- MSc (Agri) in Genetics & Plant Breeding: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- One year Diploma in Integrated Agriculture: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- PG Diploma in Post Harvest & Food Technology: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
The School of Environment and Disaster Management (EDM) has been set up at the premises of the RKMVERI Narendrapur Camps in 2018 to conduct education and research programmes on various aspects of environment and disaster management.
Laboratories @ School of EDM
Environmental laboratory is basically a combination of chemical, biological and hydrological laboratory with facilities for testing various parameters of atmosphere (air, temperature, humidity, noise etc.), lithosphere (soil, minerals, solid waste etc.), hydrosphere (ambient and toxic surface water, ground water etc.) and biosphere (micro-organisms and plants for bio-remediation).
Geographic Information System Laboratory
Modern technologies like Geographic Information System (GIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), Satellite image processing and Remote Sensing have invaluable roles in environmental studies and disaster risk assessment and are increasingly being used in academic teaching, research, consultancy, and continuing education programmes.
The multimedia laboratory has been established in 2019 in the School of Environment and Disaster Management with all possible modern facilities. The student and faculty members are using this laboratory to attend virtual conferences. In addition, this laboratory can be used to record audio-visual lectures.
launched on the occasion of 'International Mother Earth Day' on 22 April 2023
(A joint initiative of the faculty, alumni and students of the Department)
- MSc in Environment & Disaster Management: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
- PhD in Environment & Disaster Management: Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 30 June 2023)
The ‘School of Biological Sciences’ was started under the aegis of RKMVERI in 2020-21 for the study and research in various aspects of biological sciences with special reference to bio-technology, microbiology, immunology, etc.
JIVAN — Centre for Research
JIVAN is a research initiative of the School of Biological Sciences of RKMVERI (Deemed University), in collaboration with Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan (a 600-bed General Hospital nearly 90 years old located in Kolkata). It was inaugurated on 5 January 2021. Its objective is to bring together biological scientists with vast research experience in laboratories of reputed Institutes and the medical doctors working in the field in order to create a synergy, taking on board eminent statisticians and computer scientists also to explore the fascinating emerging areas like the use of digital image analysis and artificial intelligence techniques in the medical field.
The following Five Working Groups have been formed to work out the details of the research, teaching-training, extension programmes taken up under JIVAN.
- Working Group on Microbiology
- Working Group on Cardiology & Metabolic Disorder
- Working Group on Hematology & Hemato-Oncology
- Working Group on Neuroscience
- Working Group on Medical Statistics and Digital Data Analytics
Laboratories @ School of Biological Sciences
- MSc in Medical Biotechnology: Syllabus & Course Details || Eligibility & Admission Details – Applications Invited (Last date to apply: 15 June 2023)
Quality Testing Laboratory at RKMVERI (Deemed University), Narendrapur Campus (Kolkata)
Quality Testing Laboratory (QTL) is certified by ISM Drugs Control, West Bengal, and Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India to carry out the analysis of Ayurveda, Siddha, and Unani (ASU) drugs as well as raw materials. This is the only approved laboratory in West Bengal for carrying out tests on ASU drugs on behalf of licensees for manufacturing and sale of ASU drugs. Read More.
The Testing facility is available to external organizations on a chargeable basis. Rate chart available here.
Latest News & Updates
- Special colloquium on ‘Pathogenesis of Amoebiasis: New Insights and Escalating dangers’ – 09 June 2023
- Special colloquium on ‘The Contributions of Non-invasive Human Brain Imaging in Neuroscience’ – 26 May 2023
- RKMVERI, Narendrapur Campus organises Special colloquiums – 25 May 2023
- Special colloquium on ‘Seeing through the Microbial Lens: From Threats in Healthcare to Opportunities in Agriculture’ – 28 Apr 2023
- Applications are invited for Project Assistant / Research Associate in the School of Biological Sciences, RKMVERI – 12 Apr 2023
“Science and religion will meet and shake hands. Poetry and philosophy will become friends. This will be the religion of the future, and if we can work it out, we may be sure that it will be for all times and peoples.”
“A nation is advanced in proportion to education and intelligence spread among the masses.”
About RKMVERI Narendrapur Campus
RKMVERI, Narendrapur Campus is one of the three off-campus faculty centers offering a variety of programmes from undergraduate to doctoral levels (as well as research) in fields of agriculture, rural development, biotechnology & allied subjects, environmental sciences, disaster management, etc. that are designed to impart to the students both theoretical and practical expertise in their respective domains.
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agriculture & Rural Development
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Life Sciences: Medical Biotechnology, Immunology, Neuroscience, etc.
- Environment & Disaster Management
- Integrated Agriculture
Since its inception, RKMVERI emphasizes research and practical learning opportunities in various thrust areas, among which ‘Agriculture and Rural Development’ plays the key role. RKMVERI’s School of Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) deals with this specialized and socially relevant area of study which is under-represented in most Indian universities. The School of Agriculture and Rural Development is spread across the following three campuses of RKMVERI.
ARD @ Narendrapur Campus
Faculty of Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) is located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, Kolkata. Explore the current website for more details.
ARTD @ Ranchi Campus
Faculty of Agriculture, Rural and Tribal Development (ARTD) is located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Morabadi, Ranchi. http://www.rkmvuranchi.ac.in
ARTD @ Coimbatore Campus
Faculty of Agriculture, Rural and Tribal Development (ARTD) is located at the Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore. https://vucbe.org/