Applications are invited for PhD in Agricultural Biotechnology (AgBt) under the School of Agricultural and Rural Development for the academic year 2022-23
Click here to read about the research focus of Faculty Members at IRDM.
- Candidates with good academic records and preferably having a CSIR/DBT/ICMR/ICAR (JRF/SRF), or any other fellowship from Government source (such as an INSPIRE awardee, or a fellowship from any sponsored project) may apply.
- The CSIR/DBT/ICMAR/ICAR NET awardee need not appear for the written test, but will have to appear for the interview. However, an INSPIRE/GATE awardee will have to appear for both the written test and the interview.
- Eligibility: Students with MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology/Biotechnology or related subjects with at least 60% marks are eligible to apply.
- Last date to apply (and pay application fee): 30 November, 2022 (Wednesday).
- Date of Research Eligibility Test (RET): 08 December, 2022 (Thursday). This will be MCQs based test in the areas of Life Sciences.
- Time and Venue of RET: 11 am to 1 pm; RKMVERI, Narendrapur campus
- The list of candidates shortlisted for the interview will be announced on our website by noon of 13 December, 2022.
- Date of interview: 20 December, 2022 (Tuesday).
- Selected candidates will be announced on our website by noon of 23 December, 2022 (Friday).
- The portal will be active between 24 December, 2022 and 31 December, 2022 to pay the admission fees and complete the admission process.
- Commencement of the programme: 02 January, 2023 (Monday).
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Last date to apply online: 30 Nov, 2022
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees. Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
For any queries you may contact:
- Academic queries:
- Dr Gautam Chatterjee:
- Dr Kishor Kumar:
- Dr Bhubaneswar Pradhan:
- Office: (033) 2477 2020
- For any technical query/issues (with online application, fee payment, etc.) :
- Sourav Paul (), Avishek Mondal (),