Research focus of IRDM Faculty members:
Dr. Pranab Kr Nag
Environment and Disaster Management
Dr. Tapash Dasgupta
- Incorporation of biotic and abiotic stress tolerant genes in rice /sesame/mustard
- QTL mapping in sesame /rice
- Development of CMS/Restorer parents in rice through advanced breeding program
Dr. Rupak Goswami
Agriculture and Society
Specific Focus: Sustainability of Agricultural Systems, Social Network Analysis, Migration-Agriculture-Gender Nexus, Sustainable Rural Livelihoods
Dr. Gautam Chatterjee
- Microbial screening and Characterization
- Centromere biology
Dr. Kajal Sengupta
- Management of pulse crops.
- Organic Farming
Dr. Sanchayeeta Misra
- Social Network Analysis
- Women Empowerment
- Sustainable Rural Livelihoods
- Gender, Climate and Disaster Resilience
Dr. Ashutosh Sawarkar
- Development of high yielding variety with abiotic stress tolerance in rice.
- Bio-prospecting of genes from diverse sources of rice germplasm
Dr. Kishor Kumar
- Genomics assisted identification of genes for reproductive traits and disease resistance in rice.
- Wide hybridization in rice.
Dr. Bhubaneswar Pradhan
- Plant-Microbe interaction and RNAi
- Molecular mechanism of plant virus induced leaf curling.
- Functional genomics.
Research Conducted by Faculty Members and Students
Research Paper Presentations
34 Faculty members and 25 students have presented their research in various national seminar/conferences.
12 faculty members and 9 students presented their work in various international seminars and conferences.
Sponsored Research and Development Projects
13 sponsored research and development projects are undergoing. The fund received is over the last five (5) years for these projects is Rs. 5.76 crores.