A Memorandum of Understanding was signed in the middle of year 2018 between Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) and National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, North East Regional Centre (NIRDPR- NERC) Guwahati (an Organization of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India).
Purpose and scope of the MOU
The purpose of the MOU is to promote mutual cooperation in educational and research activities and establish a framework for programmes of exchange and collaboration in areas of Rural Development, tourism and other areas of common interests for mutual benefit. This MOU would be applicable on mutual convenient and acceptable terms and conditions.
For the furtherance of the objectives of both the organizations, and considering the long term benefits of sharing the knowledge, resources and capacity by undertaking collaborative activities of research and extension, by undertaking it is hereby agreed between RKMVERI and NIRDPR-NERC as under:
- Joint Research Programme: Both the university (RKMVERI) / institute shall work for joint and collaborative research (including Ph.D) and consultancy in the thrust areas of common interests.
- Joint Holding of Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Training/Symposia etc : Joint organization of conference/workshop/seminar/symposia/summer school/training/lectures etc to improve the exchange of knowledge and experience.
- Faculty Exchange Programme : Both the university / institution shall work for the exchange of faculty depending on the requirement and experience for the benefit of the students and the research scholars.
- Academic collaboration : Institutions shall collaborate in research guidance and internship of students, they shall also be working together in the areas of Course development and also provide faculty members as resource persons depending upon their availability.
- Research Scholar Exchange Programme : To encourage co-operation and interaction between inter-institution visits by the research scholars for wider academic understanding and exposure.
- Exchange of Knowledge Resource Sharing of books, journals and teaching materials including textbooks, audio-videos. publications. reports and other teaching aids.