Infrastructural and Other Facilities
The existing rural development unit of the Ashrama consists of about 25,000 sq. ft. concrete area and more than 15 hectares of farm land. Among the total concrete area, about 80 percent is used for academic purposes like class rooms, laboratories, libraries, seminar/meeting rooms, conference halls etc. All these rooms are well equipped with advanced academic aids necessary for teaching. The rural development unit can boast of well qualified, experienced, practically field-oriented faculty members well informed in the state-of-art tools & techniques, and who are continuously updating their knowledge in every aspect of rural development. In fact this band of dedicated and qualified faculty is one of the main assets of the university. The highly experienced renowned personnel like former Vice Chancellor of Agricultural University, former Director of National Institute of Rural Development, Dean of IIMB, professors of several reputed Universitites, Programme Coordinators of post-graduate courses of national institutes, top managerial personnel of private agri-input sectors advise the University in the Faculty Centre.
- Two experimental farms along with poultry, dairy, mushroom production and food processing units.
- Medicinal plant garden along with processing unit
- Well equipped soil-testing laboratory.
- Well equipped quality control laboratory having TLC, HPTLC, GC, HPLC and AAS.
- Biocontrol laboratory for isolation, mass production of different biocontrol agents (parasite, predators, beneficial bacteria, and fungus etc.) and quality control facility having stereo-zoom microscope, phase contrast microscope, inverted microscope, and UV Spectrophotometer
- Molecular biology laboratory having PCR, gel-electrophoresis systems, gel-doc systems etc facilities
- All facilities needed for conducting basic laboratory based practial classes in plant biochemistry and plant physiology as er requirement of the course.
- Tissue culture laboratory.