Advertisement for the Project Assistant Position in the DST-SERB funded Project under Early Career Research Award
[ Ref. No. RKMVU/ NDP/ SERB_GC/Adv./106/2017-18 Date: 01/07/2017 ]
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the following assignment in a purely time-bound research project undertaken at the IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur of the Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI).
Name of the Research Project
Structure-function analysis of the centromeres and its associated centromeric protein CENP-A of the human pathogenic Candida parapsilosis sensu lato species complex.
Name of the Sponsoring Agency
DST-SERB, Govt. of India.
Duration of the Position
One (1) year.
The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The position is co-terminus with the project.
Rs. 16,000 + 10% HRA
M. Sc. (in Biotechnology/ Molecular biology/ Genetics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry or in any branch of Life Sciences) with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
Candidates should not be more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement. However, there will be relaxation of age for reserved candidates as per Government rule.
Last Date for applying
5.00 P.M. on 16th July, 2017
For technical information of the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address/phone:
Name: Dr. Gautam ChatterjeeAddress: Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural BiotechnologyIRDM Faculty Centre, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research InstituteRamakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, Kolkata- 700 103.Tele. No: 033-2477-2020. E-mail:
- Eligible candidates should apply with their CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 16th, 2017, with the subject marked as “Project Assistant-DST SERB”.
- Candidates will be short listed for the interview based on merit and will be informed via email. (Tentative date of interview will be in between 18th to 22nd July 2017).
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in yeast genetics and molecular biology work.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview should appear in person with originals of degree certificates from 10th standard onwards (one set of photocopy), and date of birth proof along with any other relevant information (like copies of publications, awards, recommendations etc.).
- No travelling or any other allowances is admissible for attending the interview.
Please Note: Mere fulfilment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview.
General information / details about the post
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/ absorption in funding agency or in RKMVERI.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized universities/ institutions.
5. No TA/ DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
6. Selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
7. Canvassing in any form and/ or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.