Recruitment is closed
Ref. No. RKMVERI/EDM/ASSTPROF/2022
Dated 08 August 2022
Selected Candidates for Appointment to the post of Assistant Professor in the ‘School of Environment and Disaster Management’:
Upon careful scrutiny of the 66 applications received for the post of Assistant Professor in the School of ‘Environment & Disaster Management’ of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), Deemed to be University declared by the Government of India under the UGC Act, 1956. 22 applications were shortlisted based upon the following criteria: academic qualifications, teaching and research experience, publications, area(s) of specialization, expertise in the light of suitability for the postgraduate and research programmes, outreach/extension activities, etc., being conducted by RKMVERI. These shortlisted candidates were called for and appeared at an interview conducted at the Belur Main Campus of the University on 30 and 31 July 2022. On a rigorous interaction with the Selection Committee constituted as per UGC Regulations to assess the domain knowledge, teaching, research ability etc., of the candidates, the following candidates were finally selected for appointment for the post of Assistant Professor in ‘Environment and Disaster Management’ at RKMVERI:
- Dr. Rajarshi Dasgupta
- Dr. Sudipta Tripathi
P.S. Please note that no further enquiries on the above will be entertained.
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Professor in the School of Environment and Disaster Management at the IRDM Faculty centre, Narendrapur, Kolkata – Aug 2021.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
We are looking for bright young candidates, with passion for teaching and research, who will be capable of contributing substantially to the academic activities of our ‘School of Environment and Disaster Management’. With these two interdisciplinary subjects growing rapidly in recent years thanks to computer science and satellite technology as well as other allied fields in natural and social sciences, we need researchers with good exposure to these various fields and post-doctoral experience in reputed Institutes/Universities. Teaching capability and communication skills for transmission of the knowledge of research to the next generation of students are also important. Ability for independent research as well as guiding/supervising students in their postgraduate dissertations and PhD theses are a sine qua non.
Qualifications and experience:
As per the latest UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education
Pay Scale: UGC scales of pay as per the recommendations of 7th CPC, consistent with the West Bengal State as far as possible.
How to Apply
Candidates may submit their applications in the prescribed format (Download Application format) along with copies of the self attested photocopies of certificates regarding qualifications, date of birth, caste (if needed), experience, etc. (in PDF format) should be sent to email address on or before 30 September 2021. In the subject of the email, please write: Application for the post of ‘Assistant Professor in the School of Environment and Disaster Management’.
Apply before: 30 September 2021
- In-service candidates should forward their application through proper channel. No objection certificate has to be produced at the time of interview
- The university reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised in case of non-availability of suitable candidate
- Please provide only a list of peer reviewed publications if any along with their impact factor
- The University reserves the right to reject any application form due to non-observance of these instructions.
Instructions to fill up the form
- Candidates may directly make use of this application format to type their information and need not be restricted to the space provided here. That means they may increase the size of the cells within the table, insert additional columns/rows in the table if necessary.
- Any additional information which is not covered in the application format but you think necessary to provide to us such as details of your expertise, skills, experience etc in the related area and computer knowledge, and any other information you think is an added strength for the job may be added in a separate pages but in continuation after the application form in the same file.
- The filled in application along with other self attested photocopies of the documents like mark sheets, technical experience certificate etc should be sent (in PDF format) to the email address on or before 30 September 2021.
- The email should be sent with the subject title “ Application for the post of …….”, while writing the name of respective position in that space.
- Applications not in the proper format (provided by us) will not be considered. In case of more number of applications received for a particular position, institute reserves the right to screen and shortlist the candidates for further process of selection like interview etc as per the rules of the institute. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Send the application well in advance and do not wait till the last date to avoid any unexpected difficulties or making mistakes in a hurry at the last minute.