Admission to MSc in Environment and Disaster Management (EDM) for the academic year 2018-19
Eligibility to Apply
Candidates having B.Sc (Hons)/B.Tech in physical, biological, behavioural and engineering sciences or equivalent, with minimum 50% marks may apply.
- Students who have appeared in the final year exam and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- Relaxation of marks is allowed for reserved category as per the government rules.
- 7 June 2018 (Thursday): Last date for submission of application;
- 9 June 2018 (Saturday): Written Admission Test at IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur from 1:30 to 2:30 pm.
- 11 June 2018 (Monday): Announcement of shortlisted candidates (through university website/notice board);
- 13 June 2018 (Wednesday): Interview of the shortlisted candidates at 10:00 am; Selected and wait listed candidates will be announced;
- 18 June 2018 (Monday): Last date for admission of the selected candidates;
- 20 June 2018 (Wednesday): Wait listed candidates may enquire at the Office of the IRDM Centre of their possibility in getting admission;
- 22 June 2018 (Friday): Wait listed candidates who have been told of their the possibility of getting admission must report by 11:00 am, along with original documents, admission and course fees, so that they can take admission if get selected. Guardians should also accompany the candidate for signing the formalities.
- Date of starting of the classes will be intimated to candidates.
Semester I:Environment and Sustainability;Environmental monitoring and exposure assessment;Hazards and Disaster Management (Part I); Environmental Toxicology (Part I); Environmental regulation and standards; Research Methodology and Statistical Technique; Spiritual and cultural heritage of India (Part I).
Semester II:Geoinformatics; Environment, Health and Safety Management; Waste Management and technology; Environmental Biotechnology and Bioremediation; Energy analysis and environmental degradation; Hazards and Disaster Management (Part II); Research Methodology - case study & software; Spiritual and cultural heritage of India (Part II).
Semester III:Climate Change: Issues and Challenges; Risk assessment methodology; Environmental Modeling; Environmental Toxicology (Part II); Environment Impact Assessment (project work); Dissertation scoping & Seminar
Semester IV:Research based dissertation/project work.
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded from the University website from the links given below. Form can also be collected from the IRDM Faculty Centre. The duly filled in application form and all mentioned attachments should besubmitted along with a demand draft for Rs. 300/-, drawn in favour of 'RKM Vivekananda University,Narendrapur' payable at Kolkata, to:Dean IRDM Faculty Centre Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, Kolkata 700 103.
Documents to be submitted along with the Application form
- The envelope of application may suitably be marked "Application for MSc in Environment and Disaster Management".
- Self attested copies of certificates and mark sheets of all examinations starting from secondary board examination;
- Testimonial from the Head of the Institution last attended;
- Age proof Certificate;
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable;
- Two passport size photographs.
At the time of admission:
- Migration certificate from the Board/University as applicable;
- Medical/Health fitness certificate.
Admission and Course Fee
Selected candidates will be intimated to complete the admission process by paying the requisite fees (Rs. 5,100/= as Admission fee + Rs. 12,000/= as advance Fee for 1st Semester).
Office: 033-2477 2020 and 033-2971 1624, email: firstname.lastname@example.org