Admissions for the Academic Year 2019-20
Applications are invited for Post-Graduate Diploma in Post Harvest and Food technology for the academic year 2019-20 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility to Apply
- Important Dates
- How to Apply
- Attachments and Application Form
- Admission & Course Fee
- Special Note
Eligibility to Apply
Both male and female candidates having any of the following degree are eligible to apply.
- BSc General/Honours Chemistry with minimum of 50% marks, OR
- BSc General/Honours Agriculture with minimum of 50% marks, OR
- BSc General/Honours Horticulture/ Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Life Sciences with minimum of 50% marks, OR
- BSc in any branch of Biological Sciences (or any related subjects) with minimum of 50% marks
Minimum % marks requirement would be relaxed for reserved categories as per the government rules. Students who are appearing or have appeared in the final year/semester exam and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- 11 March 2019 (Monday): Accept applications both Online and Offline.
- 23 June 2019 : Last date for issue of application forms and accepting filled application forms (both online and offline).
- 24 June 2019 : Interview will be conducted for all the candidates who have submitted their applications.
- Please bring xerox copies and originals of the mark-sheets and other certificates (list given below).
- Interview starts 11 am onwards. Please come one hour before the interview begins so that we have sufficient time for the verification of original documents.
- Venue: IRDM Faculty Centre.
- Announcement of the Interview result: List of applicants selected for admission will be announced on the same day of the interview (as far as possible, else the following day) on our Website and the Notice Board.
- Admission starts: Immediately after the announcement of the interview results.
- 28 June 2019 : Last date for admission.
- 01 July 2019 (Monday): Commencement of classes (9 am).
A. Apply Online and pay online
Online Application facility is available, applicants are urged to apply online.
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, and then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (online) from the same Portal. While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size colour photo and mark-sheets as asked in the form.
- Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring the printed Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
- Application Fee: Rs. 250/- . Pay Online through : Net-banking or eWallets or UPI or Debit/Credit card (Visa / Mastercard / Amex / etc.), etc.
B. Apply Offline (Submit filled Application form at University Office)
1. Application forms can be downloaded from the IRDM website. The application form should be filled with the relevant information and submitted along with a demand draft for Rs. 300/- drawn in favour of ‘RKM Vivekananda University, Narendrapur’ payable at Kolkata. On the envelope please write ‘Application for MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology’.
2. Also, printed Application forms can be collected from the IRDM Faculty Centre, located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur (near main gate) during office hours with a payment of Rs. 250/- by cash.
Certificates to be attached along with the Application form
Candidates must submit attested photocopies of the following documents and an extra photograph for Admit Card along with the application form. However, they shall be required to produce the original documents at the time of interview.
- Certificate and Marksheet of Madhyamik (Tenth) and Higher Secondary (Plus Two) or equivalent examination.
- Marksheet of BSc Final Examination. However, in case of candidates awaiting final results, the marksheet of the last part of examination (up to Part-II or last semester examination), along with a certificate from the Head of the institution stating that the candidate has appeared for the final examination, but the results are awaited, will be needed for consideration of application. In such case, the candidate must submit the mark sheet of BSc final exam soon after their results are published. It must be noted that the candidates shall be disqualified if they fail to obtain the requisite minimum marks as stated above.
- Age proof certificate (Madhyamik/Matriculation/School Final/equivalent examination by the State Board).
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable.
- Certificates, if any, of extra-curricular activities.
Submitting the Application form
Duly filled application form along with the necessary attachments (photo, certificates, etc) may be submitted at the IRDM Faculty Centre or sent by Post to:
IRDM Faculty Centre
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur,
Kolkata 700 103.
Note: University will not take any responsibility for Postal delay. You may submit the completed application form in person to avoid postal delay. Please submit the duly filled in application form well in advance without waiting for the last date, to avoid last minute delay due to unexpected circumstances.
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees (Rs. 5,100/= as Admission fee + Rs. 15,000/= as fee for the First Semester). Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees on or before 25 June 2019 (Tuesday, before 4 pm) or else they will forfeit their right for admission.
Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admission
- Migration certificate from the Board/University in which candidate last studied.
- Medical/Health certificate from registered medical practitioner.
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Candidates after taking admission failing to attend the classes within the seven days of the beginning of the session (on 1 July 2019) without the explicit permission from the authorities will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
- Admission will be cancelled if the student does not produce his/her final semester/year mark sheets/certificate of BSc within 10 days of publication of the results by the respective university.
- No hostel facility is available at present. However the students will be helped by the university to get the ‘paying guest’ facility in the vicinity of the university campus.
You may like to contact someone for advice and counsel
We would be glad to answer any queries or advice and counsel the applicants regarding the course or application/admissions.
Mr. Soumitra Bhattacharya 9830741469 | Alok Hazra 9831521104
Office: 033-2477 2020 and 033-2971 1624