Admissions when open will be notified here.
Applications are invited for MSc in Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD) for the academic year 2018-19 from candidates with the following eligibility criteria.
- Important Dates
- How to Apply
- Attachments and Application Form
- Admission & Course Fee
- Special Note
Eligibility to Apply
Both male and female candidates having BSc (Hons) with minimum 50% marks OR BSc (3 year general degree) with minimum 55% marks are eligible to apply.
- Relaxation of marks is allowed for reserved category as per the government rules.
- Students who have appeared in the final year exam and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- 7 June 2018 (Thursday): Last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms.
- 9 June 2018 (Saturday): Written Admission Test will be conducted at IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur from 11 am to 12 noon. Reporting time one hour before admission test. Please click the link at the bottom of this page for Model Question Paper of the previous year(s).
- 13 June 2018 (Wednesday): Announcement of shortlisted candidates to be called for interview (through our website and on the notice board at Narendrapur).
- 20 June 2018 (Wednesday): Interview of the shortlisted candidates at IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur at 10 am. Results will be announced on the same day of the interview and admission process will begin thereafter.
- 25 June 2018 (Monday): Last date for admission of the finally selected candidates before 4 pm.
- 26 June 2018 (Tuesday): Candidates from the waiting list should enquire with the Office of the IRDM Faculty Centre, about their possibility of getting admission by 10 am.
- 27 June 2018 (Friday): Candidates from the waiting list who have been told about the possibility of getting admission should report at 11 am along with all the original documents, admission and course fees, so that you may be able to take admission if get selected. Guardians should also accompany the candidate for signing the formalities. Please note that extension of date for taking admission will be not allowed if selected from the waiting list. You should get admitted immediately other wise next candidate from the waiting list will get the chance automatically. So, please come prepared for taking admission.
- 2 July 2018 (Monday): Classes begin (9 am).
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the University website from the links given below. The application form should be filled with all the relevant information and submitted along with a demand draft for Rs. 300/-, drawn in favour of ‘RKM Vivekananda University, Narendrapur’ payable at Kolkata, and sent by post to:
IRDM Faculty Centre
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur
Kolkata 700 103
On the envelope please write “Application for MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development”
Application forms can also be collected from the IRDM Faculty Centre of the University, located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur (near main gate) during office hours on payment of Rs. 250/- by cash
Note: University will not take any responsibility for postal delay. You may submit the completed application form in person to avoid postal delay. Please submit the duly filled in application form well in advance without waiting for the last date, to avoid last minute delay due to unexpected circumstances.
Attachments along with the Application form
Candidates must submit attested photocopies of the following documents and an extra photograph for Admit Card along with the application form. However, they shall be required to produce the original documents at the time of interview.
- Certificate and Marksheet of Madhyamik (Tenth) and Higher Secondary (Plus Two) or equivalent examination.
- Marksheet of BSc Final Examination. However, in case of candidates awaiting final results, the marksheet of the last part of examination, along with a certificate from the Head of the institution stating that the candidate has appeared for the final examination, but the results are awaited, will be needed for consideration of application. In such case, the candidate must submit the mark sheet of BSc final exam soon after their results are published. It must be noted that the candidates shall be disqualified if they fail to obtain the requisite minimum marks as stated above.
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Age proof Certificate (Madhyamik/Matriculation/School Final/equivalent examination by the State Board).
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable.
- Migrationcertificate from the Board/University in which candidate last studied should be produced at the time of admission.
- Medical/Health certificate from registered medical practitioner.
- Certificates, if any, of extra-curricular activities.
Admission and Course Fee
- Candidates (after taking admission) failing to attend the classes within the seven days of the beginning of the session (on 2 July 2018) without the explicit permission from the authorities will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
- Admission will be cancelled if the student do not produce their final mark sheets/certificate of BSc, within 10 days of publication of their final results by the respective university.
- No hostel facility is available at present. But the students will be helped by the university staff to get the ‘paying guest’ facility in the vicinity of the university campus.
You may like to Contact someone for advice and counsel
The faculty who will be glad to advice and counsel with respect to the MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development programme:
- Dr Rupak Goswami (9674954840)
- Mr. Amitava Dutta (9830457540).
- Office: 033-2477 2020; 033-2971 1624