Admissions for the Academic Year 2019-20
Applications are invited for MSc in Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD) for the academic year 2019-20 from candidates with the following eligibility criteria.
- Important Dates
- How to Apply
- Attachments and Application Form
- Admission & Course Fee
- Special Note
Eligibility to Apply
Both male and female candidates having BSc (Hons) with minimum 50% marks OR BSc (3 year general degree) with minimum 55% marks are eligible to apply.
- Relaxation of marks is allowed for reserved category as per the government rules.
- Students who have appeared in the final year exam and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- 11 March 2019 (Monday): Both Online and Offline Application Processing Systems open.
- 7 June 2019 (Friday): Last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms (both online and offline).
- 10 June 2019 (Monday): Written Admission Test will be conducted at the IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm. Reporting time: One hour before admission test. Please click the link for Model Question Paper
- 14 June 2019 (Friday): Announcement of shortlisted candidates to be called for interview at 5 pm (See our Website, or Notice Board at the IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur).
- 19 June 2019 (Wednesday): Interview of the shortlisted candidates at the IRDM Faculty Centre, Narendrapur at 10 am. Please report one hour before the interview for the verification of original documents.
- Announcement of the Interview Result: Result will be announced on the same day of the interview, or the next day in our Website and Notice Board at the IRDM Faculty Centre.
- Admission Starts: Immediately after the announcement of the interview results.
- 25 June 2019 (Tuesday): Last date for admission of the finally selected candidates before 4 pm.
- 26 June 2019 (Wednesday): Candidates from the waiting list should enquire with the Office of the IRDM Faculty Centre (Phone: 033-2477 2020), about their possibility of getting admission by 10 am.
- 27 June 2019 (Thursday): Candidates from the waiting list who have been told about the possibility of getting admission should report at 12 noon. Seat allotment will be done as per the merit list among the candidates who have been informed (and arrived) at the above said time.
NOTE: Waiting-list candidates should come prepared with all original documents and admission and course fees for getting admission if selected, as this will be the last date for admission.
- 01 July 2019 (Monday): Commencement of classes (9 am).
How to Apply
- Applications for MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development are available online. Hence, the applicants are encouraged to apply online only. Visit website http://narendrapur.rkmvu.ac.in/ for details or click Admissions and register online and fill the application.
Payment options: Online payment of Rs. 250/- through net-banking, debit card, visa/master credit card.
- However, application forms can be Downloaded from the University website. The application form should be filled with all the relevant information and submitted along with a demand draft for Rs. 300/-, drawn in favour of ‘RKM Vivekananda University, Narendrapur’ payable at Kolkata, and sent by post to:
IRDM Faculty Centre
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur,
Kolkata 700 103.
On the envelope please write “Application for MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development”
- Application forms can also be collected from the IRDM Faculty Centre of the University, located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur (near main gate) during office hours on payment of Rs. 250/- by cash.
Note: University will not take any responsibility for postal delay. You may submit the completed application form in person to avoid postal delay. Please submit the duly filled in application form well in advance without waiting for the last date, to avoid last minute delay due to unexpected circumstances.
Attachments along with the Application form
Candidates must submit attested photocopies of the following documents and an extra photograph for Admit Card along with the application form. However, they shall be required to produce the original documents at the time of interview.
- Certificate and Marksheet of Madhyamik (Tenth) and Higher Secondary (Plus Two) or equivalent examination.
- Marksheet of BSc Final Examination. However, in case of candidates awaiting final results, the marksheet of the last part of examination (up to Part-II or last semester examination), along with a certificate from the Head of the institution stating that the candidate has appeared for the final examination, but the results are awaited, will be needed for consideration of application. In such case, the candidate must submit the mark sheet of BSc final exam soon after their results are published. It must be noted that the candidates shall be disqualified if they fail to obtain the requisite minimum marks as stated above.
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended at the time of admission.
- Age proof Certificate (Madhyamik/Matriculation/School Final/equivalent examination by the State Board).
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable.
- Migration certificate from the Board/University in which candidate last studied should be produced at the time of admission.
- Medical/Health certificate from registered medical practitioner at the time of admission.
- Certificates, if any, of extra-curricular activities.
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees (Rs. 5,100/= as Admission fee + Rs. 12,000/= as advance Fee for First Semester). Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees on or before 25 June 2019 (Tuesday, before 4 pm) or else they will forfeit their right for admission.
• Candidates (after taking admission) failing to attend the classes within the seven days of the beginning of the session (on 1 July 2019) without the explicit permission from the authorities will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
• Admission will be cancelled if the student do not produce their final mark sheets/certificate of BSc, within 10 days of publication of their final results by the respective university.
• No hostel facility is available at present. But the students will be helped by the university staff to get the ‘paying guest’ facility in the vicinity of the university campus.
You may like to Contact someone for advice and counsel
The faculty who will be glad to advice and counsel with respect to the course MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development: Dr. Sanchayeeta Misra (9932386975), Supriya Ghorui (9064142758), and Hiratan Dey (7278976746).
Office: 033-2477 2020 and 033-2971 1624, email: