Admission to PhD Programme under the School of Biological Sciences
Applications are invited for PhD in Medical Biotechnology (MdBT), etc. under the School of biological Sciences for the academic year 2021-22.
Areas of Research
- Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), Cardiac inflammation
- Genetic predisposition of autoimmune diseases including myocarditis and autoimmune thyroid disorders.
- Hematological ailments including hemoglobinopathies, thalassemia
- Pathogenesis of chronic kidney diseases (CKD)
- Regulation of bacterial growth and pathogenesis
- Host-pathogen interaction in secondary infections of ICU patients
- Involvement of autoimmunity in dilated cardiomyopathy
- Genetic polymorphism and epigenetic alterations in autoimmune cardiac diseases
- Genetic predisposition of autoimmune thyroid diseases (AITD)
- Vit-D receptor polymorphism in AITD and diabetic retinopathy
- Role of TRAFAC GTPase in cellular physiology and stress response of Staphylococcus aureus
- Deciphering the importance of ABCF ATPase in antibiotic resistance.
- Students with postgraduate degree in the field of Biological Sciences or related subjects with at least 55% marks and having valid research fellowship (preferably have NET qualification in any fields of life science) from any government funding agency can apply.
- Students who are appearing or have appeared in the final year/semester exam of PG degree and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- The candidates should be passionate about working in the field of physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, cell and molecular biology.
- They should be willing to tackle problems and be able to develop novel experimental approaches to answer outstanding questions in the field.
- Prior experience with biochemical assays, bacterial and mammalian cell culture, genetic manipulation, basic molecular biology techniques related to nucleic acid and protein work would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics would be desirable. An eagerness to learn and to exploit and develop innovative methods is the critical requirement.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination.
Date of Interview : To be announced
Mode of Interview : To be announced
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Application Status‘.
Last date to apply online: 30 September, 2021
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees. Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
You may like to contact someone for advice and counsel
Dr. Kunal Sikder : ,
For general queries:
Office : 033-2477 2020, 033-2971 1624 ; Tamas Kanti :