Admission to PhD Programme under the School of Biological Sciences
On the basis of their academic records, marks obtained in the written test (30 October 2021) and performance in the interview/viva-voce (12 November 2021), the following four candidates have been selected to join the PhD in Medical Biotechnology in the centre under the School of Biological Sciences. The list of candidates are given below:
Instructions for taking Admission:
Last Date of taking Admission : Saturday, 20 November 2021
- Pay the admission fees online from Admission portal. Link for payment can be found in Menu/Page ‘Application Status’.
Upon successful fees payment, the receipt can be downloaded from the portal. This is your fees receipt.
- The breakup of the fees components is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
- Download the Admission-cum-Registration form, duly fill it and sign it, take a soft-copy of this and email it to email@example.com along with the soft-copies of all the applicable supporting documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form.
- NOTE: Remember to mention your name, Application No. and the ‘programme applied for’ in the email.
- Download the Physical Fitness Certificate form (to be submitted along with admission-form OR later when joining the programme in face-to-face mode)
- Submission of all applicable documents/certificates along with admission fee payment should be completed before the last date of admission.
Note: Admission would be liable to be cancelled if any of the eligibility criteria or mandatory requirements are not met by the applicant. Decision of the University’s authorities will be final in this matter.
Applications are invited for PhD in Medical Biotechnology (MdBT), etc. under the School of biological Sciences for the academic year 2021-22.
Areas of Research
- Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), Cardiac inflammation
- Genetic predisposition of autoimmune diseases including myocarditis and autoimmune thyroid disorders.
- Hematological ailments including hemoglobinopathies, thalassemia
- Pathogenesis of chronic kidney diseases (CKD)
- Regulation of bacterial growth and pathogenesis
- Host-pathogen interaction in secondary infections of ICU patients
- Involvement of autoimmunity in dilated cardiomyopathy
- Genetic polymorphism and epigenetic alterations in autoimmune cardiac diseases
- Genetic predisposition of autoimmune thyroid diseases (AITD)
- Vit-D receptor polymorphism in AITD and diabetic retinopathy
- Role of TRAFAC GTPase in cellular physiology and stress response of Staphylococcus aureus
- Deciphering the importance of ABCF ATPase in antibiotic resistance.
- Students with postgraduate degree in the field of Biological Sciences or related subjects with at least 55% marks and having valid research fellowship (preferably have NET qualification in any fields of life science) from any government funding agency can apply.
- Students who are appearing or have appeared in the final year/semester exam of PG degree and whose results are awaited may also apply.
- The candidates should be passionate about working in the field of physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, cell and molecular biology.
- They should be willing to tackle problems and be able to develop novel experimental approaches to answer outstanding questions in the field.
- Prior experience with biochemical assays, bacterial and mammalian cell culture, genetic manipulation, basic molecular biology techniques related to nucleic acid and protein work would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics would be desirable. An eagerness to learn and to exploit and develop innovative methods is the critical requirement.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination.
Date of Interview : 12 November 2021
Mode of Interview : Online
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Application Status‘.
Last date to apply online: 30 September, 2021
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees. Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
You may like to contact someone for advice and counsel
Dr. Kunal Sikder : ,
For general queries:
Office : 033-2477 2020, 033-2971 1624 ; Tamas Kanti :