About the Programme
The 2 year MSc. Programme in ‘Agricultural Biotechnology (AgBT)’ covers different aspects of biotechnological applications in agriculture & allied sectors with special reference to its role in production, protection and improvement of agricultural crops.
Students will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of,
- Microbial biotechnology including multiplication of different important microbes,
- Environmental biotechnology including organic farming,
- Plant protection and utilisation of beneficial insects,
- Plant Biotechnology – classical & molecular genetics,
- Genetic engineering including recombinant DNA technology,
- Classical and molecular breeding, plant physiology and biochemistry,
- Seed technology,
- Plant tissue culture,
- Bioinformatics, and
Students will also receive lessons on rural extension and entrepreneurship development related to the subject.